COVID-19 Update 16 September 2021
Aslamualaikum Dear Community,
InshaAllah you are well and keeping safe. UMMA would like to share the following:
On 16th September 2021, Premier Dan Andrews announced some modest easing of restrictions for Greater Melbourne which will be effective 11:59pm Friday 17 September 2021.
The announcement does not change restrictions for places of worship which means
UMMA centre will remain closed for its services.
Please connect via social media for Juma reminders:
Victoria has also reached the one million doses in five weeks goal, two days early, which is a tribute to all Victorians and a huge effort of those working in vaccination centres, GP offices and pharmacies.
The announcement also included new restrictions and vaccination requirements for construction sites.
Greater Melbourne restrictions
From 11:59pm Friday 17th September 2021, residents of greater Melbourne can only leave home for the following five reasons:
- To go to work only if you cannot work from home
- Care giving, compassionate and medical reasons
- Socialise and exercise for 4 hours per day under the below conditions:
- one person may meet another person not from their household for a picnic, a walk, or another outdoor activity if unvaccinated or have received a single dose
- up to five adults (plus dependants) from two households will be able to gather outdoors if all adults present have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Shopping for food and other related essential items
- Getting vaccinated, if you are eligible.
To stop the spread of the current outbreak, we must:
- Wear a fitted mask at all times outside of your house
- Follow COVIDSafe principles such as hand washing and sanitising
- Stay within a 10km radius of your house
- Adhere to the 9pm – 5am curfew (in greater Melbourne only)
- Get tested if you are experiencing any symptoms or have been to any of the case locations and exposure sites
- Get vaccinated if you are eligible. To book a vaccination go to the online booking portal.
To find a closest location near UMMA to get vaccinated, please click here.
Please, continue to check in with your loved ones and keep sending them your prayers.
If anyone needs assistance, please email: email@example.com
We will monitor the situation closely and continue to keep the community updated. Take care and stay
Jazakallah Khair. UMMA Team