prayers at UMMA will commence on 16th May 2018
Isha prayer (salah) will starts at 7:45PM followed by Taraweeh prayers!
Assalamu’alaikum Wa’rahmatullahi Wabarkatuhu,
Dear UMMA members and patrons,
As per the announcement from Australian National Imams Council (ANIC) (attached), and with the blessing of our Imam Gul Saeed Shah (may Allah sbt bless him and we pray for his health), the Taraaweeh
Isha prayer (salah) will starts at 7:45PM followed by Taraweeh prayers, Our Huffaz Br. Ahmed and Br. Muddasser will lead 20 rakaat taraweeh every day during Ramadan InshaAllah. A summary (khulasa) of the Juz will be presented in English prior to Isha prayer by Sh Khalid at 7.25 pm.
Please view Ramadan Time Table attached
FACILITIES – Men and Women segregated prayer areas and WUDU facilities are available for all prayers at UMMA.
Parking arrangements during fasting month of Ramadan @ UMMA Centre
PARKING :- At UMMA Parking is limited. It is best if you park a bit away from Centre to avoid delays. UMMA is located in a residential area, so please park responsibly and ensure to enter and exit quietly at all times.
Due to the limited Car park Space, to maximise the Car park Space, we allow Double Parking inside the Centre. However, this creates a risky situation where we are not leaving any room for ourselves to manage any unforseen incidents and for disabled parking.
In order to make the environment safe and to maximise on the parking, we are administering the following:
1. GATE 1, GEORGE Street (FRONT MENs side)parking will be for people who pray 20 rakaat.
2. GATE 2. DAWS Street (LADIES Side) parking will be for people who pray 8 rakaat.
If you park here and try to stay for 20 rakat then please move your car after 8 rakaat before join the prayers for 20 rakat. If you wish to leave early or need to address matters of urgency due to work or family, we encourage you to take street carpark.
PLEASE NOTE FOR SAFETY REASONS:
– If you have accidentally hit someone’s vehicle, please report. The centre has CCTV cameras.
– Please lock your car and do not leave any valuables
– Please administer speed limit of 5 km/hr. inside the premise
– If your guests are attending an Iftar and wish to leave early, please inform them that after 7.00 pm, your car might get blocked due to Double Parking
– Do not block neighbour’s driveways and nature strip
– Please do not park within 300 m of cross overs and street ends
– Please don’t make dangerous U turns or stop car in the middle of the road to drop passengers. You are endangering their lives and yours by doing this
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL WITH CROSSING THE ROAD AND ACCOMPANY CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES.
DONATIONS, DAILY IFTAR AND HALL BOOKINGS
Please donate generously in Ramadan and support Ramadan programs run at the centre by donating to the following bank Account.
Account Name: United Muslim Migrants Association
BSB: 013 148 A/C: 2540 52169
- You must use the following reference to show intention of donation:
- HUFAZ, IFTAR, SADAQA FITR, ZAKAT, FIDYA or DONATE
- Support Daily Iftar Program at UMMA : $350, Fidya and Sadaqatul Fitr is $10
For UMMA hall booking please call – 0412 237 380
Once again Ramadan Mubarak, let’s make an effort to make this a blessed and pleasurable experience for all at UMMA Centre.
We are looking for your cooperation in this matter. Please kindly support the UMMA volunteers in administering the rules set out for the premises. We thank you for your support and corporation. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mustapha Sayyad | Secretary, UMMA Centre.